Home page for transportation information. Sign up for electronic notification of bus delays/cancellations http://www.triboard.on.ca/
Now is the time to register for kindergarten classes for the fall of 2016 in the Algonquin and Lakeshore Catholic District School Board
We are a dynamic Catholic educational system designed to form and inform students – heart, body, mind and soul. We warmly welcome you and your children to our community of faith and learning. To learn more about us, or to register, please contact our school.
The Algonquin and Lakeshore Catholic District School Board – Leading and Learning with Faith.
Also find attached a Kindergarten registration poster for your information.
Please download the attached file for your information.
With our safe school policies in effect, please notify the school if your child(ren) are going to be absent. There is an answering machine available to leave a message if it is before 8:30 am. We appreciate your co-operation.
Pediculosis Information Brochure
Catholic parents and guardians, electors and supporters are being encouraged to continue to ensure that they are registered as English-Separate Supporters. The support of residential ratepayers is directly linked to attendance rights and indicates a firm commitment to the system essential to maintaining the existence of Catholic schools in Ontario. If you are not listed as a Separate School Supporter and wish to remedy this please visit our web site www.alcdsb.on.ca and choose the link named “Direction of Tax Support” for information. Please see attached flyer.
Please see attached letter from Triboard Transportation concerning inclement weather and bus cancellations.
Please see attached document
Please find attached a outline from KFL & A Health Unit concerning nourishment for young athletes participating in school and other sporting events
Attached a information sheet from the Kingston Public Health on Resiliency and children
Attached please find a suggested school supply list.
We have recently installed a new phone system which includes mailboxes for our staff members. If you need to leave a message for your child's teacher or any other staff attached is a listing for mailbox numbers. If this is an emergency call or if your child will be absent in the am please continue to notify the office. Thank you
Please find attached a updated copy of the request for transportation from Triboard Transportation.
Each year, ALCDSB celebrates our "Beacons of Hope", acknowledging the accomplishments of the many students whose contributions to their school and the wider community reflect our Catholic virtues. These unsung heroes contribute to the betterment of the community with dedication, integrity and gentle spirit. Celebrations are held across the district to recognize and honour those who make such a significant, positive contributions to the life of their school and their Catholic school community.
We congratulate our Gr. 8 student Kaelah Anderson who was our "Beacon of Hope" for 2015/16. Kaelah, along with her Mom, brother Connor and Mr. Douglas attended a breakfast at the Ambassador on Tuesday, March 29th where Kaelah and other students within the board received their awards.
* Students are expected to be neat, clean and dressed appropriately. Examples of inappropriate dress include but are not limited to the following items: uncovered backs and midriffs; clothing such as skirts, shorts and dresses of an inappropriate length; tops with spaghetti straps; muscle shirts or tank tops. Profane or suggestive pictures or slogans are not acceptable.
* Students who are not dressed appropriately will be requested to change into more suitable clothing. If they have nothing appropriate available, alternate clothing will be provided or the parents will be contacted to pick up their child.
* Clothing must be of modest fit and length. Skirts and shorts must be no more than 4 inches above the top of the knee.
* Short shorts are not permitted
* Midriffs and backs are to be covered.
* Hats are to be removed when students enter the school. Coats and outside footwear are also to be removed and remain outside the classroom. They should be neatly arranged before entering the classroom. Inside footwear is to be worn in the classroom and in the gym. Students may require shorts or track pants and a T-shirt for gym. These are not to be worn in the regular class. A gym bag is recommended for storage of these items. All belongings should be clearly marked with the student's name for easy identification.